FRANKLIN THAMES VALLEY AREA PONY CLUB
Including Area Team Games Trials for NZPCA Zone 1 Games
Papakura Pony Club – Opakehe Reserve, 165 Opaheke Rd, Papakura
Saturday 13th December 2014
Briefing & gear check 9am, Pairs Start 10am, Teams Start 1pm
Entries to: Vicki Lawson, P.O. Box 24034, Abels, Hamilton 3253 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries close – Monday 8th December
Entry fee: Pairs $15 per rider, Teams $15 per rider + $5 Ground Fee
Open to all Franklin Thames Valley Area Pony Club riding members
***LEARN TO VAULT @ LUNCH TIME***
Come and learn the basics of vaulting! Line up and have a go vaulting on the lunge
For full entry form & details download click link —> 2014 Area Games Day and trials (1)
Pair Games: Team Games:
Socks & Buckets Windsor Castle
Hula Hoop Socks & Buckets
Mug Shuffle (tiebreaker) Hula Hoop
Litter Lifters Mug Shuffle
Pony Pairs Litter Lifters Hi Low
Two Flag (Tie Breaker)
Games Skill Sheets available: http://www.sportsground.co.nz/nzpcagamesskills
1. Riders are eligible to take part until the end of the season they reach 21 years. The season being from the 1st of August 2014 until the 31st July 2015.
2. Two or three riders per Branch pair. If 3 riders, each rider must play at least 2 games.
3. Four or five riders per Branch team. If 5 riders, each rider must play at least 3 games.
4. In the event of a Branch having insufficient team members they may draft members from another Branch. No Branch may draft more than 50% of the team.
5. Any changes in team membership must be notified no later than one (1) hour prior to commencement of the trial.
6. Branch uniform is to be worn by all riders.
7. One horse per rider, one rider per horse.
8. Saddlery as per the NZPCA Mounted Games Regulations
9. Games run under NZPCA Mounted Games Regulations
10. Pairs will be run in 2 age groups; Group 1: 13yrs & under. Group 2: Open.
11. Teams for Zone Games will be selected from the team games competition only.
12. All teams to provide two helpers who must attend judges briefing at 9am. Helpers must be familiar with the rules of each game played and the NZPCA Mounted Games Regulations.
13. Scoring as per NZPCA Mounted Game Regulations. Refer Chapter 2 Zone Games.
14. Mounted prize giving will be held with rosettes for teams placed 1st to 4th.
15. Any Branch unable to field a full team/pair, the Team Manager/Branch President shall contact the Area Secretary requesting draft riders.